Despite its simplicity, the pin module doesn’t sacrifice security. The module is built to make the user able to login against the GA API with a simple PIN code, the PIN is handled on GA servers, and every client should have a different PIN.
When the PIN + PIN ident + Device ID combination is correct, GA servers will send back a password, which is the same one used by the client to encrypt the seed and the mnemonic passphrase.
- When a new PIN is set, a device ID must also specified previously (usually a string generated from some 256 bit random number). This ID is sent together with the PIN. This is specified during login.
- The password should be used to encrypt the mnemonic passphrase as well as seed (for speed) on client side, the mnemonic passphrase or seed is never sent to GA servers.
- When the combination of PIN, PIN ident and device ID match on GA servers, the password is returned, and can be used to decrypt the mnemonic passphrase locally.
- After 3 wrong PIN attempts, the PIN, PIN ident and password are deleted on GA servers.
- Changes the PIN for given pin_ident
- pin (String) – string with a few characters (max 15 characters)
- pin_ident (String) – uuid
Return bool status:
Always True if PIN is changed
- Removes the device from the list of PIN logins if the pin_ident matches.
Returns: success - always true Return type: Boolean
- Lists all pin devices in this wallet sorted by device_name.
[["pin_ident", "device_name"], [...]]
- If pin and pin_ident will match, the API will return the paired password.PIN for the given device is disabled on GreenAddress servers after 3 failed logins.
- pin (string) – The previously set device PIN
- pin_ident (string) – The device name
#password if there is no such device or the number of attempts has been exceeded
- Remove all PIN logins previously set. After calling this method, user will not be able anymore to do PIN login from any device he previously paired.
Returns: success Return type: Boolean
- Remove the PIN login for given pin_ident
Parameters: pin_ident (String) – uuid Returns: success Return type: Boolean
- Generates a pin_ident and sends it back. This password is used for client side AES encryption of the seed and mnemonic.
- pin (String) – with a few characters (max 15 characters)
- device_name (String) – human readable string (max 100 characters)
pin_ident - The pin unique ID